Customer Data Update
Attention! You only need to do anything if your identity document has expired during the state of danger (since 11/03/2020) and you have not yet presented your renewed document to the Bank.
What is it about?
In accordance with the requirements* of Act LIII of 2017 on the Prevention and Combating of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (the “Money Laundering Act”), the Bank is obliged to apply customer due diligence measures in case doubts arise regarding the veracity or appropriateness of the customer identification data prescribed by the applicable laws. The Bank is required to have up-to-date customer data at its disposal, including copies of the customers’ valid identity documents.
* Art. 6 (1) g) of the Money Laundering Act
Please read the information below carefully!
I am a private individual (retail customer, authorised representative of a (small) company / cardholder), what shall I do?
If your identity document has expired and you have not yet presented the renewed document to the Bank (expired ID card and/or passport and/or driver’s license card), in that case please do the data reconciliation.
You can do the reconciliation by e-mail, by post, or in-person. We will contact you if any further reconciliation should be necessary after you have sent us the copies of your documents.
How can I do the data reconciliation?
- Please send copies of your renewed documents primarily by e-mail or by post. If you are not able to do either of these, we recommend that our retail or small business customers book an appointment by clicking here for faster administration at the branch, while our corporate or private banking customers should make an appointment directly with their contact person at the Bank.
- If you send the documents by post, please use the following address: Raiffeisen Bank Zrt. Budapest 1700. Please write Data Reconciliation on the envelope.
- If you prefer to send the documents by e-mail, please scan or take a photo of both sides of the identity document, and make sure that the copy is of satisfactory quality: the data included in the document and the photo should be clearly visible so that the customer can be identified unambiguously. Otherwise the Bank will be unable to complete the customer due diligence process.
- Please attach the copy of the identity document(s) in a pdf or generic image format (e.g. jpeg, tif) to the e-mail message, and send it to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. The aggregate size of the attachments must not exceed 10 MB.
What to look out for at the data reconciliation?
- IMPORTANT! Copies of renewed documents will be accepted only if you send them from an e-mail address registered at the Bank. If you do not have an e-mail address registered at the Bank, or if your e-mail address has changed, please call Raiffeisen Direkt at telephone number +36-80-488-588 to register or update your e-mail address. You need to do such update or registration before sending the copy of the renewed document to the Bank. If during the processing of the sent document copy we find that your e-mail address registered in our system is different from the one that you sent the document copy from, we will notify you to this effect.
- Please take note that apart from the update of your expired identity document we would not be able to process any other data (e.g. address or name change). If you attach a copy of your address card, it will not be filed or processed, but any copies you may send will be immediately destroyed and erased. If you wish to register a change of address, you can do so in any of the following ways: at a branch, or through VideoBank or Raiffeisen Direkt. In the case of a name change, please visit a branch, or use our VideoBank channel.
Raiffeisen Bank Zrt.